Sunday, October 25, 2009

In the spotlight...

www.nwfdailynews.com

Billy Ray Cyrus. Present but without Miley. The crowd didn't seem to mind as they cheered and screamed on the top of their lungs once Billy walked out on stage. He is a long time performer and a veteran to the Mullet Festival stage. As he belted out the high notes, danced with a pretend guitar, and spouted out random sayings from Hannah Montana, I scrunched down at the corner of the stage and snapped picture after picture of him. I always love crowd interaction with performers, so the first photo was the dominant photo in the paper. The second picture also ran with the first:

www.nwfdailynews.com

When I was a kid, I used to play with Barbies like most girls. I thought the dolls were almost non-existant now until Nick and I traveled to the Fort Walton Yacht Club to photograph (and video) a woman's 50th Barbie-themed birthday party. She loves Barbies and chose the theme because the 50th anniversary of Barbie also resided on this year. Many of the women there dressed as different Barbies and several men dressed like Ken.

www.nwfdailynews.com

Nick shot stills so I covered video. I've been wanting to practice video and learn Final Cut Express, so I took this opportunity to do so. Here is the final version of the video:



I wanted to capture some stills since the assignment was interesting, so between takes of video I snapped several images. Her friends got her a bike that she simply adored:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

There is nothing like another Friday night football game. I drove to Crestview for the second time this season to photograph them playing Mosley. I arrived at that game with the knowledge that Crestview would win this game easily. What I didn't expect was the final score to be 34-33, with Crestview barely grasping the win.

This "flying" picture reminds me of a side-ways heisman pose (and a little of the tim tebow flying picture):

www.nwfdailynews.com

This photo was published in the paper as a vertical:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

Photobucket

Crestview colorguard during halftime:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

Another "flying" photo (of the same guy):

www.nwfdailynews.com

This kid was adorable. He didn't want his small, white, plastic football, so instead he went after the real football. He wouldn't let go of it for a bit so his dad had to take it from him and toss it away. Then he gave his son the plastic football again and they walked away. I thought it was funny:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com
www.varsitysportswest.com

No comments: