Sunday, October 11, 2009

Butterflies, Bulldogs, and Blackouts

www.nwfdailynews.com

Butterflies! I know butterflies have been photographed to death, but I still have fun experimenting with the cliche because that will ultimately help prepare me for the more creative angles that I'm working toward. Nick and I traveled to Navarre to photograph the Monarch Madness Festival at a butterfly museum. There I took these three pictures (and a few of a buttefly that landed on Nick's shoulder) and then returned home.

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

Friday I traveled to Freeport High School for the first time to photograph the football game versus South Walton. Freeport, home of the bulldogs who ironically wear orange and blue, beat South Walton 43-21. This photo was published:

www.nwfdailynews.com

Each time I photograph football I try to grab some catching shots or interceptions. The one I caught this week was in the endzone and unfortunately for the receiving team, was incomplete:

(Edit: This photo was published on Oct. 13)
www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

This photo was used as a flag for the Saturday sports page:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

With one of the photographers still gone on vacation time, I was sent to photograph a volleyball game in Crestview. Last time I intended to photograph volleyball my camera died on me, so since my camera was still in the process of being repaired, I used the paper's Nikon instead. Crestview played Niceville in a blackout and Niceville won. Here are the two shots that were published:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com
www.varsitysportswest.com

No comments: