Thursday, October 23, 2008

So-So Soccer

Amidst the light drops of rain and cool temperature, I stood on the side of the soccer field and photographed the UF v. Arkansas game. I used my friend’s Nikon 400 mm lens with his D300 for the first time, and it was great. Since I normally use the Canon 40D, the Nikon took some getting used to. Although I have much to learn about photography in general, I felt the experience with the other brand helped me expand my horizons. I loved the crisp image display, fast auto focus, and best of all – the focal length! I’ve shot a few different sports before this game, but this was my first soccer game. I was mostly learning how to use the camera and lens since I will be using them again during the Kentucky football game this weekend. I enjoyed the experience and am very thankful to the friend that is lending me his equipment.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For this shot, I turned around and noticed the scoreboard's reflection in a large puddle while rain was falling from the sky, so I took a few shots. This is what I came up with:
Photobucket

No comments: