Saturday, October 25, 2008

Football at its Finest

The crisp fall air, the moderately clouded sky, and the Nikon D-300 with a 400 mm lens that rested on my shoulder as I walked the sidelines was the perfect combination for a Gator football game. Attending a football game can lighten any Gator fan’s mood, but something about capturing the moments that fans hold so dear to their hearts makes my trip to the swamp like a trip to Disney World as a five year old. Going into my second football game, I had ideas of where I wanted to improve and what kind of shots I wanted to grab. I took the typical Tim Tebow shot of clapping hands from the Hawaii game to a low angle shot that places his face with the sky behind him. I was able to capture closer action shots than the last game, and I hardly broke a sweat. Aside from a few camera problems, the game turned out great. While I was walking off the field, I felt a shimmer of excitement from the reality of my accomplishments. A year ago at this time, I was a fan in the stands with a dream to one day photograph a Gator football game. I wanted to stand on the sidelines, breathe in the football atmosphere and capture amazing photos that look very professional. As I walked down the tunnel today, I realized my dream had become reality.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: