Friday, October 24, 2008

Feeling at Home...

Photobucket

The rain was continually slowing, stopping and then coming down again throughout the parade. I think I placed a Wal-Mart shopping bag over my camera at least three times in an hour and a half. Still, the parade went on, and people were lining the streets dressed in ponchos and Gator shirts. Aside from the rainy weather, the parade was not much different from last year. What was different than last year, however, was my experience.

Photobucket

Last year I walked away from the parade feeling like a failure with the photos I had produced. Not only were the photos lacking in interest, but I had failed to initiate any drive to grab photo opportunities during the parade because of fear.

Photobucket

The parade was new, big, intimidating and confusing to me last year. I was determined to make this year different. I went out there with a positive, confident attitude and thought, “No matter what, I am going to make myself conquer this fear.” I had let go of last year’s memories and hit the ground running. I am happy to say that I have come a long way in a year’s time. I am happy to say my photos surpassed last year’s by miles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: