Saturday, May 2, 2009

Solid Endings, Slow Beginnings

Here I am three weeks later...finally updating my blog. The past few weeks have been slow but still interesting. On Thursday, April 16th, I drove to Topail Hill Preserve State Park just east of Destin and photographed a few angles on the park. The first photo was a feature photo at the beach connected with the park to give the article some spark:

www.nwfdailynews.com

Here two workers are leveling the grounds next to the new "cabins" that are in contruction at the park. There will be an additional 16 to the mix:

www.nwfdailynews.com

On Friday, April 17th I traveled to South Walton County for a District 1-A high school tennis tournament. The Freeport boys tennis team won their first district title in school history:

www.nwfdailynews.com

Saturday I woke up early to photograph a semi-annual beach clean up at Okaloosa Island. The clean up was connected with Earth Day, which was the upcoming Wednesday. Here is the published photo:

www.nwfdailynews.com

After the clean up, I drove to the YMCA to photograph former Alabama running back Glenn Coffee during a Healthy Day Kids Event. He is also a former Fort Walton Beach High School football player, so he returned to his roots to give a speech to the kids about pursuing your dreams with Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Coffee's speech was inspiring and humbling. Glad I heard him:

www.nwfdailynews.com

On Thursday, April 23rd I returned to the tennis courts and photographed the South Walton girls tennis team as they captured their first regional title:

(published on the 24th)
www.nwfdailynews.com

(This one was published on the 27th)
www.nwfdailynews.com

After a forty minute delay and hour-long drive, I reached Laurel Hill this past Thursday to photograph the high school baseball District 1-A tournament. Paxton (red) beat Laurel Hill (blue) for the title:

www.nwfdailynews.com

The highlight of my past three weeks was the few minutes I spent photographing the first spring football practice for Fort Walton Beach High School. I loved standing on the sidelines again. Everything reminded me of the games I photographed at UF, and I anxiously desired for football season to start. Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait.

(published)
www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

No comments: