Sunday, April 12, 2009

Base balls and Easter eggs

This week was slow in news for me, so I took on some more sports. On tuesday I traveled to Niceville to cover a NWF State College baseball game. I used the Daily News Nikon and 300 mm lens and caught this action shot:

www.nwfdailynews.com

Wednesday I covered a high school softball game at Fort Walton Beach High. The game was between two teams I covered previously (FWB high and Crestview). I always enjoy the high school softball games because there seems to be more action and photo opps than the college games (at least to me). Both of these were published:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

On Thursday I covered a NWF State College softball game in Niceville. The first four innings were pretty uneventful as both teams prevented any runs from the other. By the fifth inning, I was finally able to catch some action:

www.nwfdailynews.com

My last assignment this past week was yesterday at Hurlburt Field. They had an Easter egg hunt on a playground/park located in the front of the base. I took photos at the 1-2 age group because I thought they would go slower than the older kids so I would have more time to catch some images -- but I was wrong. Those kids had their parents to help them, so they were done in under two minutes. I captured a few kids in my photos but was left puzzled by the rate these kids had gone.

www.nwfdailynews.com

So I improvised and took shots of kids searching through their eggs after the hunt was over:

www.nwfdailynews.com

And also took a photo of this little girl with the Easter bunny:

www.nwfdailynews.com

Between these images and a few others, I was able to make a gallery and submit photos to the Daily News military publication. All in all, the week was pretty good. Hope everyone has a Happy Easter! Christ is risen!

www.nwfdailynews.com

No comments: