Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tales of the young, the old, and the famous

The first assignment I covered this week was an Annual President’s Day track meet at Choctawhatchee High School. The competitors in the meet were from elementary schools. I photographed the third and fourth grade girls and boys 100 meter dash. The first image below was published in the paper, and the second image was a part of a photo gallery of images from the meet. The gallery has my images as well as a Northwest Florida Daily News staff member's images.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On Friday I had an early assignment at Fort Walton Beach High School. I was instructed to shoot video and stills of a Holocaust survivor named Herman Snyder.The images turned out well and ran in the local section on Saturday:

Photobucket

Photobucket

VIDEO:



TEBOW in FWB:

Last but definitely not least, I went along with Nick to photograph the All Sports Association media party at Anglers on Okaloosa Island. Nick told me Tim Tebow would be among the celebrities there, but there was also Danny Wuerffel, Paul Hornung (1956 Heisman winner who played for Notre Dame and later the Green Bay Packers), and pro golfer Boo Weekley. Nick worked mostly on video and I concentrated on stills. I knew this photo opportunity would be like a “once-in-a-lifetime opportunity”, so I took advantage of it and shot many images of Tebow. I even had Nick take a picture of me with him. I also created a photo gallery with 15 images. Ironically, I did not pick 15 images because that is Tim’s jersey number, but it did turn out that way. (The first image was published in Saturday's paper.) This assignment was definitely a blast and the highlight of my week:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

www.nwfdailynews.com

No comments: