Monday, December 14, 2009

To New Heights

www.nwfdailynews.com

Orlando lights...
That is, Friday night lights in Orlando...yes "the" Orlando. I was already out that way for my brother's college graduation at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville that Friday, so I volunteered to travel to the game after the ceremony and take pictures. This game was my last of the season, but it couldn't have ended on a better note. With the score at 34-20, the Niceville Eagles tarred the Edgewater Eagles (mascots look so identical too) during this state semi-final game. Next week they go to state, where hopefully they will pull through with the title. The above shot was the picture I submitted on a tight deadline for the front page as well as the next photo down:

www.nwfdailynews.com

(above) Roy Finch #24, has committed to Oklahoma University next year - according to the recruit from there that talked to me during the game. With how fast and talented this guy is, I would assume he will become a big name in college over the next few years.

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

Kody Williams #3, rallies up the team before the game:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

The emotions were wild after the game as many parents and friends hugged the player(s) they knew:

www.nwfdailynews.com

The Tuesday before, I photographed both boys and girls basketball. This top photo didn't run in print, but I liked the facial expressions on their faces, so I chose it for my blog. The Fort Walton Beach Vikings beat the Crestview Bulldogs 57-49 in this game. The second picture was published:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

The Vikings beat the Bulldogs 43-20 in this game as well. This photo was also published in the paper:

www.nwfdailynews.com

Monday night I covered the annual Christmas parade in downtown Fort Walton Beach. With the exception of getting hit in the head with candy, the night turned out very well. The top picture was published in the paper and the others are in the gallery:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

No comments: