Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Journey stops here

www.nwfdailynews.com

State Semi-Finals
This Freeport game against Trinity Christian reminds me a bit of the SEC championship between Florida and Alabama yesterday. The Freeport defense allowed too many runs and their offense couldn't quite get the momentum in their favor - quite like Florida. From what I saw of the game, their hopes of even winning this game basically floated away like the balloons released by the fans before the kick off. But they had a great run (as did Florida) and have something to be proud of. This is the first season that Freeport has ever gone this far in football and probably won't be their last.

Wow, even the final score: 36-14, looks similar to the SEC game: 32-13.

What are the odds?

www.nwfdailynews.com

The above photo is a blocked kick by Freeport...I sensed that one coming. (The ball is right in the middle of the picture and was believed to be blocked by either 70 or 44)

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

Before I finish this part of my blog, I had to post a picture of the team waiting in mid-field for the remaining seconds of the first quarter to end. Their breath looked like a cloud of smoke and was utterly funny:

www.nwfdailynews.com

Hence my blog title:

www.nwfdailynews.com


Regional Semi-Finals
Two weeks prior to this past Friday, I was at Freeport once again and watched them dominate the Class 1A Regional Semi-Finals. The final score: 48-12 against Blountstown was not a shocker - at least to me - with this Freeport team truly dominating the game like they usually did most of the season. The second photo was the one published in the paper.

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

VIDEO from the game:



www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com


Earlier that week, I traveled to Crestview to photograph a girl's basketball game. They played the Fort Walton Beach Vikings and lost in a 49-38 season opener. I photographed Florida women's basketball once, so I was curious how the high school level would be. Turns out it was a little slower and of course a little darker in the gym than UF but was overall very similar. The first two were published in the paper:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.nwfdailynews.com

This photo just struck me as interesting, so I put in on here for that reason:

www.nwfdailynews.com

www.varsitysportswest.com

No comments: