Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hardcore Weights & Softball Blunders

www.nwfdailynews.com

The last few weeks have been slow with my trip out of town among other things, so my pictures were limited. I got a call last week to shoot another studio portrait of a weightlifter who won first place at the 2010 A.P.A. Raw National Powerlifting Championships. He bench pressed 512.5 pounds during the championship without supportive gear. So, I walked into the situation with a few ideas but came out with the one above. I wanted to accentuate the green gargoyle crushing skulls statue, so I used the snoot to center the light on him and the trophy. By using the snoot, I was able to allow the background to be swallowed up in darkness as to once again accentuate the subject. Overall, I was happy with the outcome.

www.nwfdailynews.com

Thursday I drove to Paxton to capture the District 1-A championship game against Central. Paxton won the game 6-3. The top picture is one of the Paxton players sliding safely into first base and was published in the paper. This picture was of a Central player dropping the ball after it was hit into the outfield:

www.nwfdailynews.com

This girl ran back to second base after being chased down at third base and slide face first into the base:

www.nwfdailynews.com

She definitely got sand in her eyes, but she was alright:

www.nwfdailynews.com

Hope to have more to update next time!
www.nwfdailynews.com
www.varsitysportswest.com

No comments: